Do you, your family, or your organization have historic documents? Do you want to know the proper way to store and handle them? Do you want to know how to make them available for the public to use, or how to make them last for generations to come? I can advise you on the best products and methods to buy, the best way to store these valuable materials, and the best ways to handle these documents to make sure that they are available for years to come. Here are some of the services that I can provide.
- Preservation and proper storage of historic and archival records, whether you want to keep them or donate them
- Donating your family or organizational records to an archival repository, such as preparation of records, drafting and review of deeds of gift, and more
- Arrangement and description of historic and archival records
- Making records available for the public to use, whether you are a small non-profit, a volunteer organization, or a large institution
- Security methods to make sure that the records are safe for the public to use without damage or theft
- EAD implementation, use, and troubleshooting: I can get you up and running writing EAD in no time!
- I can help you set up archival platforms such as Archivematica, ArchivesSpace, Omeka, and other archival platforms
I have consulted with small literary non-profits without trained archival staff as well as with the archival staff at universities and colleges. Wherever your institution is, I can meet you there and help you do the most effective care for your archival holdings.